my latest works
My name is Alvin and I love photography.
I discovered my passion in photography since I was 14 years old when my dad gave me his old camera. Since then, my relationship with photography started. As a school kid, I could not afford any equipment. I started with my dad’s Nikon manual SLR, and I have saved extremely hard to buy my first Nikon auto SLR and 2 zoom lenses. I kept practicing my skills in capturing people’s movements and emotions. I still remember the days when my visual art teacher taught me the composition of a photo.
My passion in photography continued after I moved to Australia. I volunteered my skills in various school events such as the sports carnival and graduate ceremony. I have also interned with two commercial photographers during summer holidays which has enriched my experience in studio photography.
Learning photography at schools and university is one of my happiest memories. I was fascinated by the fact that I could capture people’s memories and emotions with such a small but precise equipment and that magical moment will last forever on a piece of paper. I go everywhere with my camera, my love in a photograph never stops growing and photography has become part of me.
Throughout the years, I have won:
- 2016 Professional Photographers Asia Community (PPAC) 2nd Online Competition, Silver Award in Category of Children
- 2016 Professional Photographers Asia Community (PPAC) 2nd Online Competition, Bronze Award in Category of Landscape
- 2016 Wedding & Portrait Photographers International (WPPI) 2nd Half Members Only Competition, Silver Award in Category of Wedding Couple Together: Wedding Day
- 2016 Wedding Portrait Photographers International (WPPI) 1st Half Members Only Competition, Silver Award in Category of Creative Illustrative
- 2003 The 28th Hong Kong Youth Cultural and Arts Competitions 10X12 Print Competition, 3rd place of Portrait Category.
I am also a member of the Master Photographers Association (MPA) Wedding & Portrait Photographers International (WPPI), Professional Photographers Asia Community (PPAC), and Asia Wedding Photographers Association (AWPA).